Quick Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Strawberry season is one of our favorites! Here's a simple recipe for a tart sweet jam that we love!
Yield: 1 pint jam
- 1 1/2 cups fresh rhubarb cut into ½-inch pieces (2 long stalks)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine the rhubarb, strawberries,sugar, and water in a medium-sized pot set over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until reduced by approximately half (check this by dipping a wooden spoon into the mixture and using the jam's 'stain' as a guide).
- Stir in lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until a the mixture has thicken and a small dab sets immediately in the freezer (put a few plates in there before you start).
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Thanks to Stir and Scribble for this quick and easy jam!
- Jenny Campbell